Raising responsible, independent, resilient, self-reliant, caring and co-operative children
What is the Parenting Education Program?
- Improve relationships in your family
- Improve communication with your children and other members of your family,
- Reduce conflict and establish co-operation in the home
Learn how to manage your own feelings: annoyed, irritated, worried, guilty,challenged, threatened, defeated, hurt, disappointed, disgusted, despair, hopelessness, helplessness and inadequate.
A support group led by and for parents to create a sense of community, of belonging.
Who is the service for? For all those involved in parenting, including mothers, fathers, caregivers, guardians, grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc.
What are some of the issues and concerns that might be raised within the group ?
Understanding children’s behaviour and misbehaviour such as:
- Forgetting, showing off, bad habits, wants special service, wants to be noticed, wants you to keep busy with them
- Temper tantrums, lying, stealing, laziness, shyness, cheating, plagiarism
- Not fitting in, feeling insignificant
- Anxiety, disrespect, looking down on others
- Avoidance of social, academic and family responsibilities
- Seeking attention in negative ways, power struggles, spitefulness, fear of failure, feeling inadequate, giving up
- fighting with brothers, sisters and peers
- bullying, cyber bullying, excessive computer use, texting, inappropriate use of technology
- Pessimistic attitude, low self-esteem
- Depression, procrastination, etc.
The Group is organized by: Gendron Haines BA,BEd, MA (Education and Psych-Educational teacher), together with some assistance from local parents, who are in training to facilitate parenting education courses.
Next Session: Saturdays April 14, May 5, 12, & 19th 10:30 to 11:30am
To Register : Fill in form below with contact information or email email@example.com